Bone Marrow Mushroom with Roasted Brocolini. @BitSledge
Incredibly savory dish consisting of crisp baby broccoly and mushrooms roasted in bone marrow.
Use 12 inch cast iron skillet if available.
- 16 oz of mushrooms (white or portebello or a mix)
- 3 packages of baby broccoly (broccolini). Enough to cover 1.5 cookie sheets.
- 4 round bone marrow chunks
- 1/2 Shallot - minced
- 4 Tbsp of minced garlic
- 1/2 of Red Onion - Chopped
- 1 Red Bell Pepper - Chopped
- 3 sprigs of fresh Thyme, Rosemary, and Basil
- 5 Tbsp Beef Broth
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Tbspns Marsala Wine
- 2 Tbspn Butter
- Crushed Red Pepper
- Fresh Parmesan
- Soy Sauce
- 2 Limes
- Preheat over to 400
- Toss baby broccoli in light olive oil and sea salt, then arrange on foil lined baking pan
- Place brocollini in oven for about 12 or 13 minutes, turn them over about 6 minutes in. You want them to be crispy but not burnt.
- Prep the marrow bones by placing them on another foil lined pan, sprinkle salt over the top and place in oven with the brocolli.
- While Broccolini and marrow cooks, saute the minced shallot, garlic and onion in about 2 tbsp of olive oil, give it a few minutes untill it starts to soften.
- Pull the brocoli out whenever its done and set aside, turn up the heat to 450 and watch the marrow. you want it almost oozing out but not quite. When it gets to that point oi like to turn the heat off and leave them in the oven untill needed.
- Throw in mushrooms and saute for about 8 minutes or untill they start sweating out.
- Throw in the red bell pepper for a minute or 2.
- Toss in a big dab of butter, along with the beef broth, and herbs.
- Lay the marrow bones down in the pan, the goal is to get the marrow to ooze out and coat the mixture. Feel free to spoon it out.
- stir around and let it cook for a bit untill everything is soft yet the peppers are still somewhat crisp, and most of the marrow is liquified.
- Sprinkle red chili flakes if desired.
- Arrange brocoli in the mix to make it look nice.
- Drizzle with some lime juice, and a tiny bit of soy sauce.