Key Lime Pyrewall (bow to it)
- 2/3 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon plus 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 drop green food coloring, optional
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 2 tablespoons key lime juice
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- In a small bowl, mix cracker crumbs and sugar. Stir in butter.
- Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 7-inch pie plate coated with cooking spray (your choice)
- Bake at 325° for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Let cool. You be cool too :-)
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, flour, cornstarch and salt.
- Stir in water and food coloring if desired. Note:real Key lime has no food coloring.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened.
- Remove from the heat.
- Stir a small amount of hot filling into egg yolks.
- Pour it to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in lime juice, butter and (grated) lime peel.
- Pour into crust. Cool for 15 minutes.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until it sets up & congeals.
- Garnish with whipped cream if you want.
- Cut a wedge.
- Place on a rather size-able plate (NOT PAPER!)
- Drizzle a ring of White Rum or Citrus vodka (or your favorite citrusy moonshine? around the wedge in a circle.
- Light her up. Serve to guests.
- Try not to burn down your space.