Keto Marbled Turtle Cheesecake
sl3dge in partnership with TheKetoBaker
Some tips for keeping a cheesecake from cracking on top: Don’t open the oven, and don’t over bake it! Opening the oven will cause a draft and in turn cause irregularities in the temperature, which makes the cheesecake crack. Over baking will dry it out and also make it crack.
5g Net Carbs
Recipe: Makes 12 Slices
You will need a 9″ Springform pan
6 Tbsp of Butter
1/3 Cup of Swerve
2 Cups of Almond Flour
3 Tbsp of Cocoa Baking Powder
(A very small) Pinch of Salt
1 Cup of Swerve
1 Tsp of Vanilla Extract
3 8oz Packs of Cream Cheese
1/3 Cup of Sour Cream
2 Tbsp of Cocoa Baking Powder
4 Tbsp of Butter
1 Tbsp of Coconut Oil
4 Tbsp of Heavy Cream
1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
3 Tbsp of Swerve
A Pinch of Salt
1 Cup Pecans, roughly chopped
- Crust- Preheat oven to 375 Degrees
- Combine all ingredients well (I just used my hands to mix it because it’s easier than using a mixer or hand mixer)
- Press the mix firmly into the bottom of your springform pan.
- Bake for 8 minutes then let cool
Preheat oven to 350 Degrees, lightly grease the sides of your springform pan and place on baking sheet
- Beat the cream cheese until it is nice and fluffy (about 3 minutes)
- Beat in the sweetener, sour cream, and vanilla. Mix for about 3 minutes.
- Gently add one egg at a time, mixing for about 1 minute in between each egg.
- separate out 1 – 1 1/2 Cups of the filling into a separate bowl and add 2 Tbsp of Cocoa baking powder, mixing for about 1 minute.
- Pour the regular mix into the springform pan. Add the chocolate mix in portions around the pan. Use a butter knife to carefully swirl the chocolate mix through the regular mix to create a marbled effect.
- Bake for 40 – 45 minutes, or until it is puffy and golden around the edges.
- Run a knife around the inside of the rim to loosen the cake, but let it cool for a while before removing the rim!
- Cool the cake for 1-2 hours on a wire rack.
Make sure to consistently whisk your caramel throughout the cooking process so it doesn’t burn!
- Melt the butter in a small pan on medium heat and cook until it is golden brown. Add in the coconut oil and stir well.
- Add in the heavy cream and stir until it is combined. lower the heat and simmer for about 1 minute.
- Add in the sweetener, vanilla, and salt. Cook until it starts to get thicker and stickier.
- Remove from heat and stir to make sure it isn’t separated, then pour over the cooled cheesecake. Sprinkle on the chopped pecans.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours, then enjoy!
Also seen on theketobaker.com