iHeartMalware's NC Style Pulled Pork Recipe
This is @iHeartMalware's NC Style pulled pork...cooked in a crock pot. This recipe has taken around 9 years to get it to this point, and has gone through many years of reverse engineering. I wanted to take the medium of a crock pot as I didn't have a smoker, nor did I have the time to sit and watch it.
- 1 Boston Butt
- Dry Rub (pork rub)
- Yuengling, half bottle (or an IPA, drink the rest)
- 6 oz braggs apple cider vinegar
- BBQ Sauce (I usually use a SC bbq sauce, mustard based)
- Liquid smoke
- Plastic wrap
- The night before, rub the butt down with the dry rub. Once covered, wrap with plastic wrap and store over night.
- Put the pork butt in the crock pot and cook fat-side up. Next, split 6 oz of beer on each side, 6 oz of braggs on each side, and sprinkle with liquid smoke. cook for 8 hours on low or until easily pulled away with a fork.
- After 8 hours, pull pork, separating the fat, bone, and meat. Save ¼ cup of the juice from cooking. Once pulled, empty the crock pot, then add the meat back in and toss with the ¼ cup of juice, ¼ cup of bbq sauce, and ¼ cup of apple cider vinegar. Place on low for 30 minutes, then warm for another 30. (if you can stand it)