Rahlquist's Slow Cooker Chorizo Black Bean Stew
A large batch (about 6 quart) of thick, hearty, protein rich, low carb stew
- 1lb Lean Ground Turkey
- 1lb Ground Beef
- 1lb beef cubes (like for stew)
- 1 package skinless kielbasa (1lb)
- 2 Tbs olive oil (or other suitable fat)
- 2 cans black beans
- 1 can kidney beans in chili sauce
- 1 can condensed tomato soup
- 1 12oz can tomato paste
- 1.5 cup water
- 2 tbsp bread crumbs or masa (optional)
- 1 tbsp chorizo seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- hot sauce to taste
- Crank up the slow cooker to hi and dump all the beans (undrained), soup, tomato paste, water, garlic powder, chorizo seasoning in the slow cooker
- Using the olive oil (or other fat) Brown the Turkey, Ground Beef, Beef cubes, and kielbasa. I tend to quarter coin my kielbasa (slice lengthwise once, turn 90 deg l$
- Cook on hi in the slow cooker for 3-5 hours. Taste, add hot sauce if you'd like and if you want more body add the bread crumbs or masa.
- Serve with a good crusty bread.
- Put Stew in oven safe bowl and top with Provolone and broil till cheese is well melted.
- If any of the meats in the recipe are not to your liking swap out for more of one of the others.
- Halve the ingredients to make smaller batch.
- This freezes very well, defrost and microwave.