Low Carb Sticky Pork Belly and "Rice"
- 7g Net Carbs
- 86g Fat
- 17g Protein
Makes 6 servings
You will need an oiled sautée pan, at a medium heat
Pork Belly Ingredients
1-2 lbs Pork Belly
1 Medium Red onion, chopped
1 eight oz Can Water Chestnuts, drained well
1 tsp Raw Ginger
2 Tbsp Chopped Garlic
1 Tbsp Chinese Five Spice
1 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
4-5 Tbsp Swerve
5 Tbsp Tamari Sauce
2 Tbsp Rice Vinegar
3 Cups Swanson Beef Broth
2 Hard Boiled Eggs, sliced
1 Cup Green Onion Greens (decorative)
Cilantro (to taste and decorative)
Pork Belly Recipe
- Par-cook the pork belly in the pan, stirring and flipping occasionally.
- After 5 minutes, add in the italian seasoning, ginger, garlic, water chestnuts, and onions.
- Continue cooking the pork belly mix until the pork belly is browned and crispy, approximately 15 minutes. Stir occassionally
- After 15 minutes, add in the beef broth, rice vinegar, tamari sauce, chinese five spice, and sweetener of choice.
- Simmer the mix until the sauce reduces down to the desired consistency, or until it is similar to the consistency of syrup. make sure to taste it before it is finished. If it is too salty, add a little more sweetener. If it’s too sweet, add a little more tamari
Can also be found on theketobaker.com